Located at the base of Aspen Mountain, The Little Nell has astonishing mountainous views surrounding the resort and the charming mining town of Aspen at its front door. The Little Nell is the only ski-in/ski-out, Five-Star, Five-Diamond hotel in Aspen and is conveniently located near the museum, boutiques, restaurants, parks, music venues and all that this international epicenter has to offer.
The Little Nell is a part of the hospitality division of Aspen Snowmass, all privately owned by a family who invests their heart and soul into it.
Weddings and Events
Weddings, private events, conferences, celebrations – it would be hard to imagine a more spectacular setting in any season than at The Little Nell, Aspen’s only Five-Star, Five-Diamond, ski-in/ski-out hotel. Our events team will personalize any kind of occasion, for as few as two to as many as 500 people. The Sundeck or Aspen Mountain Club, a scenic three-mile gondola ride from our door to the top of the mountain, offer the perfect setting, as well as the venues at the hotel.
Aspen Mountain Venues
At an elevation of 11,212’ atop Aspen Mountain, with sweeping views of the Elk Mountains and Highland Bowl, this lofty setting is perhaps the most romantic in all of Colorado. The manicured terrace is perfect for a cocktail reception for up to 250 guests.
The Aspen Mountain Club, designed by David Anthony Easton of New York, is a 4,400- square foot private club with antique Austrian tables and hand-woven rugs. Private events are staffed by The Nell with room for 250 for a reception or 120 for a seated dinner.
Offering 10,000 square feet of indoor & outdoor event space at 11,212’ is a rare and spectacular combination. Events are staffed by The Nell with room for 500 for a reception or 300 for a seated dinner. The open floor plan features a towering rock fireplace and 30’ high ceilings.
Just imagine, stepping off a scenic gondola ride in Colorado’s beautiful mountains to say “I do” in front of your closest family and friends. The Little Nell’s Wedding Overlook atop Aspen Mountain offers sweeping views of the Elk Mountain Range providing the perfect backdrop for your big day.
The Wedding Overlook provides the perfect setting for a winter or summer wedding. Begin with a scenic ride up Aspen Mountain on the Silver Queen Gondola. Step off the gondola and immediately take in the crisp mountain air, Colorado blue skies, and the picture-perfect mountain peaks. Gather family and friends to share these memories with you and celebrate your special day together at an 11,212 feet elevation.
The Little Nell Hotel Venues
Bathed in natural light and featuring modern accents, the Terrace Room can accommodate 135 for a reception or 80 guests seated during the spring, summer and fall. The adjacent outdoor living area can accommodate for overflow with a fire pit overlooking The Little Nell courtyard and pool. During ski season, the Terrace Room morphs into The Wine Bar at The Nell, which is available as a private venue from 7:30 – 10 pm, booked in advance as a buyout for a seated dinner or reception.
Designed by Bentel & Bentel of New York, Element 47 can host 86 guests seated, and a reception for 110 – or with the outdoor patio, 200. Element 47 offers a menu featuring fresh, regional ingredients and a cellar that Wine Spectator calls one of the best in the country. There are two private dining spaces – Table 47, for up to 12 guests, or The Gallery with a glass wine wall, contemporary art and up to 65 at a reception or 45 seated.
Whether a rehearsal dinner, birthday party or corporate event, Ajax Tavern offers a refined yet relaxed atmosphere. You can throw a reception inside for up to 110 of your best friends, seat 86 inside, or host up to 250 inside and outside for a reception. And if you want to rewrite our seasonal menu, feel free. Set right at the base of Aspen Mountain.
Located on the hotel’s lower level, and also home to Jazz Aspen Snowmass’ JAS Café, the Grand Salon is the chameleon of event spaces. Its 1,800 square feet can be transformed from a sophisticated private meeting to an elegant cocktail party. Featuring neutral tones of grey, black, and white, a concealed drop down screen, and well-chosen furniture pieces, this space can host up to 120 seated, or 175 for a reception.
The Gondola Plaza is pretty much the epicenter of it all, and it’s about five heartbeats from our back door. It’s a comfortable walk from anywhere in town and stands at the very foot of Aspen Mountain. Here, you can create an out-of-the-box event for up to 500, under the big blue sky, or under a tented canopy.
If you prefer not to come to the mountain, then the mountain will happily come to you. Aspen’s only Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond event team will gladly cater at your home, ranch, or private event space anywhere in the Roaring Fork Valley. This is home cooking at a whole new level.
Notable awards include:
• Brides Magazine – “Best Venue in the West”
• Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2020: #8 Best Resort Hotels in the West and #1 in Aspen
• Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards 2020: #6 Resort Hotel in the West and #1 in Aspen
• Wine Spectator: Grand Award Winner – since 1997
• Wine Enthusiast: 2018 America’s 100 Best Wine Restaurants – Element 47 at TheLittle Nell
• James Beard: Most Outstanding Wine Program – 2016, 2020 Semi-Finalist and 2000, 2014 + 2018 Finalist
By the Numbers:
• 20,000 bottles – are stored in Element 47’s cellar, many of which are aged for years before being introduced to the wine list.
• 10 Master Sommeliers – of the 150 in the U.S., have all come through The Little Nell
• 10 steps – from the back door of The Little Nell to the Silver Queen Gondola Building.
• 15 minutes – from the base of Aspen to the summit via gondola, rising three miles above town.
• 7,890 feet – the town of Aspen’s elevation.
• 11,212 feet – Aspen Mountain’s elevation.
• 20 + years – The Little Nell has been a Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond hotel.
• 4:1 – ratio of staff to guest at The Little Nell
• 6 seats – in each Silver Queen Gondola car. (The red ones have a Bluetooth system and speakers. The black ones with paw prints are designated for dogs.)
• Views from the top of Aspen Mountain are of the Elk Mountain Range and the famous
Highland Bowl – a favorite for many couples.
• The Little Nell has a “Just Married” sign for the gondola car as the couple downloads.
• Sparklers for departing the Aspen Mountain Club and fireworks for a show over Aspen Mountain are available to you, weather and conditions pending.
• Staffing begins at 1 staff person per 10 guests + bartender, sommeliers, managers and captains.
• Forbes Five-Star service standards for all events at the hotel, on the mountain or in your home.
• Tableside, restaurant style menu ordering available for events up to 300 guests.
• The Little Nell purchases and ages particular wines in large quantity for the event wine list to offer higher quality and more unique selection of event wines.
• The subterranean cellar is a unique and exclusive setting where The Little Nell’s sommeliers can lead private tastings and share insights into the award-winning wine program.
• Culinary Director Matt Zubrod, and the entire kitchen staff will ensure your menu is just so.
• Past guest chefs have included Francis Mallmann, Michelle Nichan, Gail Simmons, Todd English, Daniele Bouloud, Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay, Jacques Pepin, Jean Georges Vongerichten and Tom Colicchio.
• Forbes Five-Star, AAA-Five Diamond culinary team and service.
• Tableside ordering available and a la minute preparation in the kitchen.
• The Little Nell’s world famous hot chocolate prepared with Valrhona Chocolate is available for the gondola.
Address & Contact Information
675 East Durant Avenue
Aspen, Colorado 81611
Tel: 970.920.4600 / Reservations: 888-THE-NELL (888.843.6355)
For weddings and other event-related inquiries, please contact:
Little Nell Events