Whether you are the best man making the traditional toast or a member of the wedding party wanting to salute the happy couple, achieving the perfect toast can be elusive. However, with a few simple steps, that elusive perfect toast can be within reach. You words can resonate with the newlyweds and the rest of the wedding party making your contribution to the wedding not only appropriate, but unforgettable. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Be sincere and speak from the heart.
- Use anecdotes or stories about the couple that are appropriate.
- Be interesting and entertaining, but use humor sparingly.
- Do not hesitate to use note cards, if necessary.
- Keep it short. Be succinct.
- Do not embarrass the couple.
- Emphasize why the couple are a perfect match.
- Begin or end the speech with a romantic quote to help start or end the toast.
- Thank everyone for attending and supporting the couple.
- Practice. Practice. Practice.
Delivering the perfect toast is an accomplishment. By following these ten simple steps, you can dazzle the wedding party and charm the newlyweds. Taking the time to both write and practice your speech early will ensure that your speech goes smoothly. After all, you want to be memorable, not forgettable; succinct, not verbose; charming, not overbearing. Most of all, you want your toast to be exactly what the newlyweds want and put even bigger smiles on their blissful faces.